Head Start Programs Texas Head Start Williamson-Burnet Counties Opportunities, Inc.

Williamson-Burnet Counties Opportunities, Inc., a Head Start Program of Georgetown, TX

604 High Tech Drive
Georgetown TX 78626
Contact Phone
(512) 763-1400
Head Start and Early Head Start are comprehensive child and family development programs that prepare children from birth to five years of age to become successful school students and members of society. Head Start was started in the mid-1960’s and has grown into a multi-faceted partnership involving the federal government and local education, social service and health organizations. Children and families participate in the program on the basis of eligibility criteria.
Who is Eligible?

Children who are 3 to 5 years old are eligible for Head Start services. Pregnant women and children from birth to 3 years of age are eligible for Early Head Start services. Children and families who are homeless, in foster care, or receive TANF or SSI are also eligible for services. Eligibility is determined by Head Start program staff and some families may be eligible for services if they are determined to be at or below the federal poverty level. Some grantees enroll a percentage of children from families with incomes above the Poverty Guidelines as well.

Families are encouraged to apply.

How to Apply
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION PROCEDURE- If you need assistance or have questions, call the center that you are interested in. Complete the attached application and Residency Form Attach proof of total household income for the previous 12 months or previous calendar year from all parents/guardians. Please send COPIES of the following: Income Tax Return or 2 Current Pay Stubs or Verified Letter from Employer If the following income applies we also need verification. Supplemental Security Income award letter TANF Child support (award letter of copy of checks) Veteran’s benefits Social Security Income Unemployment (claim letter or two payment stubs) Worker’s compensation Grants or scholarships Attach birth certificate Attach all immunization records (and well child records if you have them) Proof of residency (a utility bill or document that shows your residential address not mailing address) If you have NO income we must have a copy of
Center Locations